This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc.. All opinions are entirely my own.
My favorite time of year is here. I love fall and the holiday season too! It’s a great time to get together with friends, spend time with loved ones, and cook delicious meals. Growing up in France, food was a huge part of our lives. Now, I love cooking with my husband, preparing rich holiday meals, and them enjoying them with my family.
Tyson® products are the perfect partner for all cooking occasions all holiday season long. And in that spirit, today I’m going to share with you a French-inspired recipe with a touch of Texas. It’s a baked potato casserole-type dish made with yummy cheese and delicious bacon.
Make time for family this holidays season
This holiday season, we’re really making the time to cook together as a family. Tyson® products inspired me to mix it up a little this year. Since there are many meals outside of Thanksgiving and Christmas, we make it a priority to try new things- things that maybe I haven’t had since I was a kid myself. Willy and I have to stay creative so the boys don’t get sick of our meals!
Tartiflette-inspired dish with Wright® Brand Bacon
This weekend, we made one of my favorites so I just have to share it with you. I shopped at HEB to get the star of the dish: Wright® Brand Bacon (Naturally Hickory Smoked Bacon). We’ve used it in Carbonara, for breakfast, and now in this dish and it has a really distinct and wholesome flavor that a lot of the regular bacon brands just miss the mark on. Wright® Brand Bacon is hand-trimmed, hand-selected, and naturally smoked.
Tyson® products are the key ingredient to recipes that can be enjoyed any time of day during the busy holiday season. From yummy appetizers, to breakfast, to a rich dinner like this tartiflette-inspired dish I’m about to share with you, Tyson products are versatile and will make your holiday meals extra special. Dishes made with Tyson products are sure to bring joy to your day! Here’s the recipe:
[su_box title= »Tartiflette-inspired dish« ]
- 2 ½ lb potatoes, peeled
- 8oz Wright® Brand Naturally Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 4 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 8fl oz heavy cream
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 8oz Raclette cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook the potatoes in a pot of salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or until soft.
- Gently drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, fry or bake your Wright Brand bacon until done perfectly.
- In a pan on medium heat, cook shallots, garlic, and a splash of olive oil for 4-5 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Slice the potatoes thin and lay them evenly in a casserole dish of any type.
- Spread half the bacon on top.
- Mix the shallots and garlic with your heavy cream, and pour the heavy cream mixture over the bacon and potatoes.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Layer the Raclette slices and the remaining bacon on top.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is golden-brown and the interior temperature is 165F.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.